Going to a river cruise looks like an adventurous thing right? But not everyone finds it fun and mesmerizing to the same extent. There are many pros of choosing river cruise over the regular trip, and there can also be many cons of this choice.
While everyone has its very own experience and looks on everything in a different way, there are certain common pros and cons of river cruises that almost everyone can agree on. Here are some of them in contrast.
- You can explore various different locations with a cruise ship as compared to a regular by-road trip. For example, if you choose a river cruise over the River Rhine, you can visit different locations in 4 different countries in Europe in a single trip. The process is very swift and pain free as well.
- Small sized cruise ships can help you socialize well with other people on-board. You can find new people with similar interests and maybe go to the next river cruise with them.
- You have a wide variety of services to choose from. You can book from shared rooms all the way up to 5 star private rooms that are cleaned multiple time a day, so, the options are endless.
- One of the most common things that the people don’t like about river cruises is that they’re expensive as hell. The prices of course vary depending on the services, buy they’re mostly on the high end.
- Another concerning thing about the river cruises these days is that they do marketing to its extreme. Since they’re most likely adding new ships to their collection. They’ll try to make up for this expense by selling you more things. So, beware of all the marketing teams on these cruises, because this way you can end up spending much more on your trip.