Discovering combustible gas was probably a watershed moment for the history of humanity because of the fact that it allowed us to harness a natural resource that gave us a clean burn that also happened to be at the highest pinnacle of feasible efficiency. However, that does not mean that gas combustion is entirely devoid of potential downsides. One thing that you might want to keep in mind is that running them all day won’t be all that great of an idea if you think about it objectively.
It can be tempting to go to a fireplace shop in Naperville, IL and then purchase a gas fireplace that you wouldn’t turn off at the end of the day, but try to remember that doing so can be hazardous to your health. Suffice it to say that gas can produce carbon monoxide, and if enough of a buildup occurs you could potentially end up in the hospital! Carbon monoxide is really difficult to detect due to the reason that it is entirely colorless and it does not have any particular smell that you can use to identify it.
Hence, it’s best to be safe rather than to end up being sorry. Running a gas fireplace all day has so many risks associated with it that you would be better off trying your level best to avoid using it in such a manner. The warmth that it will provide is just not worth the costs to your health. Long term lung damage is just one of the many side effects of carbon monoxide poisoning, and on top of all of that pets are especially susceptible to the fumes as well.