The debate in the paddling community between kayaks and canoes is the equivalent of our debates regarding the performance of iPhones and Androids. The point is, there is no right answer because both kayaks and canoes have their own specialties, and in some areas, one is cut out better than the other.
However, for the sake of this article, we will only be talking about canoes and what makes them great. In case you are interested in buying a canoe and don’t know where to start, you can check out WRCBTV for their reviews regarding different canoes so that you walk into the store a little more informed and able to make better decisions at the same time.
- Canoes are a lot more stable. This is especially true if you buy a canoe that has more depth and width. This makes canoes really great for family trips or just for someone who wants to make sure that they are safe while they are out paddling in the water.
- Canoes come in different sizes, and they are generally able to accommodate more people. This once again makes them a really good option for people who are either going with family, friends or any other group, so everyone gets to sit and be comfortable in a canoe.
- Since canoes happen to be bigger, there is more space in the canoe, and this means you are able to store more equipment and gear in it.
- Canoeing is a great way to improve your paddling skills because you end up learning how to paddle with just a single blade, and that can be a little tricky, but once you get the hang of it, there is no going back.
- Another great thing about canoes is the fact that they are a lot easier to get in and out of off, making the process a lot smoother.