Hollywood has always shown private investigators as fedora-wearing, chain-smoking, asocial geniuses that work in a cramped office space that is usually covered in a cloud of smoke and the loud noises of a typewriter, running around to catch pictures of cheating spouses. While that is one popular representation of private detectives, it does not cover the full range of services that are offered by one.
A private detective or PI can do a range of different investigations, and if you are interested in learning more about their services, you can look into the services offered by Optical Investigations.
- A private detective can pay more time and attention to your case than regular law enforcement since they usually have a stack of cases pending and have to work to get situations sorted quickly. With a private eye, you know your issue will be getting the attention it needs.
- Private detectives cover a range of concerns, something normal law enforcement cannot do. For instance, tracking an adult is not something law enforcement will do unless there is serious concern behind it. Similarly, if you think a spouse is cheating, then the police cannot do anything for you, but a private detective will gather evidence for you.
- Looking over a suspicious paper trail is not something law enforcement will get into unless it falls under their radar with concrete evidence. A private detective will still go after the trail even if you have no evidence or proof to suggest that there might be discrepancies.
- If you want to ensure that your child is safe with your partner, you can hire a private detective for surveillance and they will continue to monitor the child and their interactions with their parent or adult in question, and then provide any evidence that might support or negate your concern.
- If you need to conduct a background check on someone, a private detective can assist you in the matter.